The 28th annual Mission Folk Music Festival will take place July 24th - 26th
2015 at the scenic Fraser River Heritage Park in Mission BC. 3 Music BC members will be selected for performance opportunities at the festival, with the possibility of additional performances including a CBC Nooner Concert in downtown Vancouver!
Read the guidelines below for more information, and good luck!
Deadline: Friday, June 12th 5pm PST
Applications have now closed.
- Artist must be a current Music BC member in good standing (check your status or renew your membership at http://musicbc.org/membership-info)
- Artist must be available to accept showcase slot offered on July 25th or 26th in Mission, BC
- "Folk” can be defined as traditional, roots, blues, world, singer-songwriter, aboriginal, folk rock, etc. Our jury will decide on the appropriateness of the application for the festival.
- A performance honorarium will be provided, however Music BC will not responsible for additional costs (transportation, musician fees etc)
- Band/artists will be selected by a Music BC jury comprised of local music industry personnel.