Music BC is thrilled to be returning to Victoria to present not one, not two, but THREE nights of the best emerging talent from BC at the 2016 Rifflandia Festival
! This year we'll be taking over the Victoria Event Centre from September 15-17th.
Read below for full details, then complete the online application!
Deadline: May 27th, 2016 5PM pst
- Artist must be available between Sept 15th-17th 2016 and play time slot offered
- Must be a Music BC member in good standing (check your status at http://membership.musicbc.org)
- Artist must be and have been a resident of BC for a minimum of 6 months prior to appliction
- Artist will be selected by a jury comprised of local music industry personnel. All genres are welcome to apply, however our jury will take into consideration appropriate programming for the festival
- Artist will receive a modest honouarium for their performance
- All additional travel and accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the artist
- Basic backline will be provided
- Selected bands will recieve full festival passes
- All band members must be 19+ by date of performance
- All materials uploaded may be used for promotional purposes if selected
- The video submitted should be a link to a live performance video hosted on Youtube/Vimeo (make sure it's for a specific video, not a channel). The set up in the video should represent a similar set up you would use at the festival (ie, don't submit a stripped down acoustic song if you are an electronic dance band).
- We suggest using different songs for the MP3 and the video submitted so the jury gets to hear a variety of your music.
- It's a good idea to include recent highlights in your biography.
- If you experience any difficulty with the online form please email email@example.com
- Once the form has been successfully submitted you will see a confirmation message, and recieve a confirmation email. If you don't see either of those, the form did not successfully go through. Make sure your files are all under 10MB each, and are appropriate file types (songs = MP3, photos = jpeg, bio PDF or word)
Applications are now closed.