We are excited to offer our members the opportunity to showcase at the Pemberton Kick-Off Party in Whistler July 13th, 2016 opening for some of Canada's hottest acts!
The selected artist will also perform a short acoustic set in an intimate gathering of international music industry delegates.
Applicants need to be available for the full day on July 13th, and should have the ability to play both acoustically and full band.
DEADLINE: Sunday July 3rd, 2016
- Artist must be available on July 13th, 2016
- Applicant be a Music BC member in good standing (check your status at http://membership.musicbc.org)
- Artist must be and have been a resident of BC for a minimum of 6 months prior to application
- Artist will be selected by a jury comprised of local music industry personnel
- All genres are welcome to apply, however the jury will take into consideration appropriate programming for the lineup. Pop, rock, or electronic music with live elements are most likely to be considered.
- Artist must perform original material
- Arist will recieve an honouarium for their performance
- All travel and accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the artist
- All materials uploaded may be used for promotional purposes if selected
- Selected artist will be notified by July 7th, 2016
- The video submitted should be a link to a live performance video hosted on Youtube/Vimeo (make sure it’s for a specific video, not a channel). The set up in the video should represent a similar set up you would use at the festival (ie, don’t submit a stripped down acoustic song if you are an electronic dance band).
- We suggest using different songs for the MP3 and the video submitted so the jury gets to hear a variety of your music.
- It’s a good idea to include recent highlights in your biography.
- If you experience any difficulty with the online form please email email@example.com BEFORE the deadline
- Once the form has been successfully submitted you will see a confirmation message, and receive a confirmation email. If you don’t see either of those, the form did not successfully go through. Make sure your files are all under 10MB each, and are appropriate file types (songs = MP3, photos = jpeg, bio PDF or word)
FRANKIE is a Vancouver based four-piece playing dream-rock, blending ethereal tones and haunting harmonies to create their own distinctive style of music. They are often described as a combination of Fleetwood Mac, The Fleet Foxes, and First Aid Kit. The band formed in December 2013 for a one-off gig where they'd only met a few weeks before. The chemistry between them was undeniable and over the last two years the four members have become amazing friends and adventure seekers, taking their music from Haida Gwaii near Alaska to the southern tip of the Baja in Mexico.
They began recording their debut studio EP ‘Girl of Infinity’ at the start of 2015 with producer Shawn Cole (Bend Sinister, Yukon Blonde, Hannah Georgas) Spending five days in a cabin near Mount Baker with no reception or internet helped create the bulk of the album. Finishing touches were recorded at Fader Master studios in Vancouver. The six-track ‘Girl of Infinity’ EP was released online July 7th, 2015. The album hit Top 50 on Canadian college radio charts, receiving shining reviews from local press and Exclaim! magazine.
In March FRANKIE will be heading to California for their U.S mini-tour. In April they will release their mini-doc "FRANKIE goes to the Baja", which will highlight their recent trip to the Todos Santos Music Festival in Mexico. The doc will be a follow up to their first short, "FRANKIE goes to Haida Gwaii", which was released last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd-FQkC9YoM. Both films were shot and edited by their talented collaborator Michael Henry. They are currently writing new material for their next album and planning their next adventure while living in Vancouver.