BreakOut West is excited to partner with The East Coast Music Association
and Australian Music Week
to give western Canadian bands the opportunity to perform at Australian Music Week festival and conference in New South Wales Australia, November 2-4, 2016.
Guidance Notes from Australian Music Week:
Submit via this submission form Australian Music Week Showcase Application
Please choose " BreakOut West " from the "Associations" drop down menu.
- Artists’ work should be rooted in the folk, world, acoustic, roots, indie pop or rock genres.
- Artists will have a demonstrable track record of performance in their country of origin /or
internationally including for example live reviews, festival and venue performances.
- Artists must be able to demonstrate the ability to maximize the promotional opportunities. The following will be considered an asset:
a. strong social media presence
b. credible mailing lists
c. promotional product for the event
d. EPK/Live footage available.
- Artists must be able to articulate their rationale for applying and relevance to their career.
- Artists must have a dedicated representative working for them in attendance or provide details of an exemplary history of self management.
- Artists must be willing to undertake press interviews and promotional activities as required.
- Evidence of existing international interest or support is desirable.
- Visa’s will be required for a showcase at Australian Music Week (AMW), Visa costs are the
responsibility of the performer.
- Selected artists will be responsible for seeking funding assistance to assist with travel, flights, accommodations, per diem, marketing materials etc.
- Artists must be willing to participate in the AMW collaboration program (a collaboration of international & Australian Artists); this program includes tour swaps, song writing and recording and is an incentive to promote artists in both countries.
About Australian Music Week
After a widely successful inaugural event, Australian Music Week
is back in 2016 at it’s home of Cronulla Beach in Sydney. The conference will include a buyers program as well as panels, masterclasses and networking sessions lead by some of the most successful and influential people in the business.
Each evening we’ll be showcasing artists from all over Australia and all over the world, for Artists of all genres it’s an opportunity to play live in front of top music industry professionals from around the globe, for music industry professionals it’s a chance to meet, connect and discover emerging and export-ready talent in one of the most beautiful beachside locations in the world.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org