Every great film needs great music. The Whistler Film Festival in association with Music BC will be presenting up to 10 artists from British Columbia to perform in WFF’s Music Showcase, which will run during the 2016 festival December 1st - 3rd 2016.
The WFF Music Showcase is a unique showcasing opportunity for British Columbian artists to perform for music supervisors of all filmed media looking for their next discovery, an industry of film, TV, documentary and music professionals looking for music for their next project, and film fans who love music.
Ten export-ready songwriters and artists from across the musical spectrum will be selected to play a live set, and meet one on one with key international music and film executives and delegates attending the festival. All participants will receive an Industry Pass, which provides access to all screenings, industry sessions and networking events during the Whistler Film Festival + Summit (November 30 – December 4). WFF will provide accommodation to attend the program as well as a $200 stipend per act selected to offset travel costs.
Deadline: Friday September 30th, 2016 5pm PST
- Artist must be a current Music BC member in good standing (check your status or renew your membership at http://musicbc.org/membership-info)
- Artist must be available between Dec 1st - 3rd for showcase date offered.
- Artist acknowledges that uploaded links and materials will be used for promotional purposes.
- A performance honorarium will be provided, however Music BC and WFF will not responsible for additional costs (transportation, musician fees etc). Accommodations will be provided.
- Band/artists will be selected by a Music BC jury comprised of local music industry personnel.
Application is now closed.