APPLY TO PLAY CAPITOL HILL BLOCK PARTY
Application deadline: Thursday, January 20th at 5:00PM (PST)
Capitol Hill Block Party (CHBP) is an annual 3-day festival celebrating music, art and the neighbourhood of Capitol Hill in the heart of Seattle, WA.
Unlike your typical festival experience, the event showcases some of Seattle’s best local bars, restaurants, and concert venues alongside international and local artists,
One of Capitol Hill Block Party’s primary goals is to support and promote the local and regional talent of the Pacific Northwest. Collectively, the lineup is a uniquely curated glimpse into what’s happening in the PNW and beyond. CHBP is one of the last independently-owned festivals of its’ size in the United States.
This partnership is part of Music BC’s commitment to providing BC artists with opportunities to grow their footprint within the Pacific Northwest, and perform for new audiences around the region. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions pertaining to the application.
Applicants considered for this opportunity must:
- Be 18 years or older (including all performing members if applicable)
- Have a valid Canadian passport (including all performing members if applicable)
- Be able to provide proof of double vaccination (upon request) to Music BC and/or Festival organizers, and be eligible to travel into the US.
- Be available to perform in Seattle, WA on July 22nd – 24th, 2022 (Performance date and time tbd).
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of applying.
- Artist must have an original 45-minute set
- Selected artists will be offered a guarantee from festival organizers for their performance.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 6 months).
- All performing members must carry a valid passport and must have P-2 or O-1 Visa.
- Artist must be available to perform between July 22nd and 24th, 2022 (performance date and time tbd).
- Costs associated with travel, lodging, immigration visas and musician fees will be the responsibility of the Artist. Artist will receive a performance fee directly from the festival.
The safety of all involved is our priority and all guidelines from local health authorities will be communicated and strictly followed.
Thank you to Creative BC and the Province of British Columbia for their support in this initiative.