Apply Now to Perform at Folk Unlocked Virtual Conference
Music BC is teaming up with BreakOut West, SaskMusic, Alberta Music, and Manitoba Music to present a pre-recorded showcase at Folk Alliance International’s Folk Unlocked Virtual Conference, February 22 – 25, 2021. This is an opportunity for two acts (solo artists or bands) to perform for and network online with influential music industry professionals from the Canadian and international folk and roots community. Presented by Folk Alliance International, Folk Unlocked is a four-day virtual event for the entire international folk community to come together for panels, workshops, showcases, affinity and peer group meetings, exhibit spaces, networking, and mentorship.
- Submit your application below for a chance to record your virtual showcase.
- Applications open Nov 19th, 2020 and close Dec 3rd, 2020 at 11:59PM (PST). Selected artists will be notified directly by e-mail by Music BC.
- Artists will be curated by a jury of BC based music professionals and Music BC staff with an emphasis on selecting candidates based on export readiness, genre fit and their goals and objectives for attending. Special consideration will be given to those who have yet to perform at Folk Alliance International.
- Applications from artists from all walks of life, ethnicity, heritage, age, gender identity, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, region or religious background are encouraged. Music is committed to equity, and strives for our programming to reflect the diversity of our society and our industry. To help in that work, we ask applicants to self-identify.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of applying.
- Artist must be available to record an online performance in early 2021 at a recording studio based in BC.
- Artist applicants must have an original 15-minute set.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 6 months).
- Costs associated with event registration will be the responsibility of the Artist. Learn more about Folk Unlocked Virtual Conference and their pay what you can system https://folk.org/unlocked/
- Artist should make themselves available between February 22 – 25, 2021 to attend the virtual conference for networking purposes.
The safety of all involved is our priority and all guidelines from local health authorities will be communicated and strictly followed.