Music BC’s Let’s Hear It! Live micro grants provide assistance to BC based artists, venues, promoters, music organizers and entrepreneurs to present unique musical experiences that will engage audiences across the Lower Mainland and in communities throughout the province of BC.
- Celebrate local music, build community and support creativity
- Create inclusive, safe spaces where music can flourish focusing on the rich diversity of our province.
- Grow community by promoting local music and creating connections between local musicians, promoters, BIAs and the music industry at large.
- Present music in a variety of venues, across B.C.
- Open opportunities for local musicians to connect with new audiences.
WHO CAN APPLY?
GUIDELINES & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months or more prior to and at the time of applying.
2. Applicants may include:
• Limited companies, partnerships or sole proprietorships: Registered BC businesses whose majority ownership must be held by BC residents (having resided in BC for a period of six months or more) who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Music BC reserves the right to request proof of residency and citizenship. Company must have been in operation for at least 2 years or has key personnel with a minimum of two years’ experience.
• Incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organizations of BC Society: Must offer significant benefit to BC’s music industry.
• Individual applicants: Canadian citizens or permanent residents of BC and must have resided in BC for a period of six months or more prior to and at the time of applying under this program.
3. Applicants may receive up to $1,000 CAD in funding for live music events taking place in British Columbia between January 1st and August 1st, 2020.
4. Venues can include clubs, rented halls, theatres, house shows, school shows, outdoor concert spaces.
5. Ineligible events include: Ceremonies, award shows, fundraisers, luncheons, receptions, mixers, networking events, galas, parties, events that primarily feature or promote one artist (e.g., album release shows) or events where music is not the primary focus (e.g., farmers markets).
6. Applicants may submit more than one application per deadline. Funding for a successful grant application may not be transferred to another grant application. A qualifying applicant and project does not guarantee approval.
7. No applicant may receive further assistance under this program if an application from a previous Music BC grant program remains incomplete.
8. Grant contributions are limited to 75% of the total eligible expenses, and to a maximum of $1,000 CAD.
9. As a condition of funding, successful recipients are required to acknowledge funding assistance on all public print, digital and online materials (including social media mentions when possible) related to the initiative being funded as listed below. Grant recipients will be required to submit examples of acknowledgement and approved logo use in their final report.
“Supported by Creative BC and the Province of British Columbia.”
Specific instructions regarding acknowledgment and logo use are available on the Creative BC website under Music Funding Recipient Protocol: https://www.creativebc.com/about-us/creative-bc-brand-assets#music-funding-recipient-protocol
10. Applicants do not need a Music BC membership to apply.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applications open January 24th, 2020 and close February 28th, 2020 at 5:00PM (PST)
All applicants will be notified whether they are successful or 4-6 weeks after the deadline.