Music BC Travel Grants
Domestic and International Travel Grants
Music BC Artist and Business Travel Grant applications are now closed for both domestic and international destinations – including showcase, touring and business travel.
2023 application windows are as follows:
- Open December 1st, 2022 – Deadline January 27th, 2023 @ 5:00pm PST
Please note: This deadline will be accepting applications to support initiatives that take place between October 1st, 2022, to March 31st, 2023. Please see the next intake if your activity falls after this timeframe.
- Open April 5th, 2023 – Deadline May 26th, 2023 @ 5:00pm PST
Please note: This deadline will be accepting applications to support initiatives that take place between April 1st, 2023, to September 30th, 2023.
*Please note we will not be accepting applications between these windows.
If you have any questions regarding Travel Grants please be sure to read the program guidelines below. If you cannot find the answer you’re looking for, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are advised to research and monitor COVID-19 public health measures, advice, and protocols within each market of their travel itinerary ahead of applying. Unrecoverable costs due to unforeseen cancellations of confirmed tour dates or showcases due to COVID-19 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Artists should also make note of any PCR or rapid testing required for international destinations or upon return to Canada, as well as the cost associated.
Resource Link: COVID-19 Provincial Updates
Provincial / Territorial Restriction Status (CLMA): National Concert Guide
Current European Union Protocols: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Entering the United Kingdom: UK Border Protection
Entering the United States: US Customs and Border Protection
Music BC Travel Grants provide assistance to BC based artists to participate in touring and showcasing initiatives, and BC based companies and individuals undertaking business travel activities in support of the BC music community.
**Please note the guidelines for the Music BC Travel Grant Program for artists and businesses have been updated to provide additional clarity, effective immediately. Please take a moment to review our updated guidelines below.
- For 2023 funding sources from public agencies or other sources – in combination with a Music BC award (at 75% of total eligible project expenses) may equal but not exceed 75% of the total eligible project expenses (Less GST/HST) incurred.
- Emphasis will be given to applicants who have yet to receive significant funding from Music BC. For applicants who have received support through the travel grant program, consideration will be given to initiatives that have not yet been attended, visited, or funded.
Feel free to contact our office or email email@example.com with any questions on the above changes.
- Friday January 27th, 2023 (5pm PST)
- Friday May 26th, 2023 (5pm PST)
*Please monitor our weekly industry newsletter for further announcements on upcoming deadlines for 2023
*Please allow 8 weeks AFTER the deadline for our staff to notify you on the status of your application.
Please take a moment to review our revised 2023 Artist & Business Guidelines
- January 27th, 2023 Deadline
- September 9th, 2022 Deadline
- June 10th, 2022 Deadline
- March 18th, 2022 Deadline
- January 14th, 2022 Deadline
- August 6th, 2021 Deadline
- November 1st, 2019 Deadline
- September 6th, 2019 Deadline
- June 28th, 2019 Deadline
- April 5th, 2019 Deadline
- February 1st, 2019 Deadline
- November 2nd, 2018 Deadline
- August 31st, 2018 Deadline
- May 25th, 2018 Deadline
- February 2nd, 2018 Deadline
- September 29th, 2017 Deadline
- June 30th, 2017 Deadline
- March 31st, 2017 Deadline
If you have additional questions regarding membership, guidelines, or the online forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-873-1914.
Supported by Creative BC and the Province of British Columbia