SoundON provides BC presenters and artists with direct support to get back to doing what they do best: creating unforgettable live music experiences.
SoundON is more than just a relief and recovery campaign, it’s a whole new way to discover music in BC through uniquely curated, online experiences. Streaming live performances, DJ sets, festival showcases and more. SoundON will have something for everyone to enjoy. Each show will be curated by a BC presenter, feature BC artists, and showcase the incredible, diverse talent our province has to offer.
- Celebrate local music, build community and support creativity.
- Provide direct funding support to the BC music sector and open opportunities for local musicians to connect with new audiences.
- Present music on a variety of digital platforms and spaces across BC.
- Unite the community by promoting local music across a digital platform and create connections between local musicians, promoters, BIAs and the music industry at large.
- Act as an amplifier for music to flourish in a digital format and focus on the rich musical and cultural diversity in our province to create high quality legacy content.
- Provide opportunities for BC presenters and music companies to get personnel back to work on live-streamed and recorded productions.
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships across BC’s music ecosystem.
- Support opportunities for music tourism, education, artist and professional development.
RECIPIENTS TO DATE:
2020 – View All Recipients
2021 – Intake #1 (Deadline February 26th, 2021)
Intake #1 (Now Closed): January 26th, 2021 at 7:00AM PDT and closes February 26th, 2021 at 5:00PM PDT.
Intake #2 (Now Closed): April 26th, 2021 at 7:00AM PDT and closes May 31st, 2021 at 5:00PM PDT.
Intake #3 (Final Deadline): Opens July 19th, 2021 at 7:00AM PDT and closes August 6th, 2021 at 5:00PM PDT.
Please Note: Applications for virtual, in-person or hybrid events will be accepted for Intake #3. If you are a Recipient from Intake #1 or #2 who has not yet executed their event and wishes to amend the scope of their event to include an in-person audience, please contact our team with your proposed changes as soon as possible and before your event takes place: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review Program Guidelines and Eligibility