APPLY TO PLAY THING
Application deadline: Thursday, December 16th at 5:00PM (PST)
THING is a multidisciplinary event produced by Adam Zacks (Seattle Theatre Group, Sasquatch! Festival) that takes place at Fort Worden in scenic Port Townsend, WA. Music BC is thrilled to be partnering with THING to present a selection of BC acts at the festival in August 2022.
This partnership is part of Music BC’s commitment to providing BC artists with opportunities to grow their footprint within the Pacific Northwest, and perform for new audiences around the region. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity, reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions pertaining to the application.
Applicants considered for this opportunity must:
- Be 18 years or older (including all performing members if applicable)
- Have a valid Canadian passport (including all performing members if applicable)
- Be able to provide proof of double vaccination to Music BC and/or Festival organizers, and be eligible to travel into the US.
- Be available to perform in Port Townsend, WA on August 26th – 27th, 2022 (Performance date and time tbd).
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of applying.
- Artist must have an original 45-minute set
- Selected artists will be offered a guarantee from festival organizers for their performance.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 6 months).
- All performing members must carry a valid passport and must have P-2 or O-1 Visa.
- Artist must be available to perform between August 26th-27th, 2020 (performance date and time tbd).
- Costs associated with travel, lodging, immigration visas and musician fees will be the responsibility of the Artist. Artist will receive a performance fee directly from the festival.
The safety of all involved is our priority and all guidelines from local health authorities will be communicated and strictly followed.
Thank you to Creative BC and the Province of British Columbia for their support in this initiative.