About Music BC
Music BC is a not for profit association serving the for profit and non-profit music industry, including artists from all genres, industry professionals, service providers, studios, promoters, venues, festivals, producers, agents, managers and educational institutions.
Music BC is a member based organization that provides the industry at large with information on the state of the industry, trends, funding & educational programs and resources.
Music BC provides several services including Training & Development
through our How-To Series
of workshops, panel discussions & seminars with leading industry professionals locally and across the globe. Live Music Trade Initiatives
including domestic and international showcasing opportunities such as Reeperbahn Germany, The Great Escape UK, Canadian Music Week, among others. Music BC also provides Touring & Industry Professional Grants
in support of touring and other initiatives.
Music BC is the voice of the BC Music industry through active advocacy for funding support, tax credits and creator’s rights. Internationally, Music BC advocates on behalf of the industry at international events to promote business and creative opportunities. Music BC, through CCD (Canadian Content Development) funding partnerships with broadcasters, create programs such as the Peak Performance Project
& K96 Emerging Artist Program
Who is Music BC for?
Why become a member?
- Anyone & everyone who is or wants to participate in the industry and creative landscape.
Where does your generous contribution go?
- To support our common goals in ensuring the long-term viability of the BC Music industry at large.
- Access to showcasing, networking events, retail discounts, educational initiatives, voting privileges and much more!
- Music BC funding comes through various streams including membership fees, the Province of BC, FACTOR, CCD as well as private and corporate sponsorship. Funding varies from year to year with contributions allocated to HR, office, collateral materials, resources, networking events and the daily operation of Music BC. The Board of Directors is solely volunteer based.
Meet The Staff
Alex Grigg - Executive Director
Lindsay MacPherson - Program Manager
Becky Wosk - Membership and Communications Coordinator
Brittany Ayton - Program Administrator
Board of Directors
- Scott Johnson (President) - Warner Music Canada
- Patrick Aldous (Vice President) - Chandler Fogden Aldous Entertainment Law
- Barry Duggan (Treasurer) - Cuzzo Technologies
- Rick Baker (Secretary) - Watchdog Management
- John Donnelly - Donnelly and Associates
- Deb Beaton-Smith - Atomique Productions
- Winston Hauschild - Artist / Producer
- Garth Richardson - Producer / Nimbus School of Recording Arts
- Joseph Blood - Artist / Light Organ Records
- Kate Wattie - Tonic Records
- Rob Wright - The Feldman Agency